Sunday, March 1, 2009

Austin Explor-a-tor

My Saturday ritual is usually always the same. It goes like this: wake up between the hours of 8 and 9 am. Hang with husband for approximately 45 minutes while making coffee and breakfast. Husband showers, puts on the bookbag, and leaves for school or library or group meeting. I clean the house, and call friends for about 1.5 hours. After chatting I exercise then leave in vehicle for Austin exploration. I went to several spots this weekend:
#1: Uncommon Objects (this was also just featured in the last :( edition of Domino mag!
I think I may have found the D to the 3 nursery chandelier! It is significantly less than e-v-e-r-y other thing we've seen and liked, and I think it's quite cute!




I was also digging this faux bamboo mirror for $79. Could be super cute painted / lacquered.







Cool lightbulb pendant....
These were interesting - a pair of mirrored candle sconces. Under $100!
I also heard about ACE MART Restaurant Supply in Austin and shimmied by to check it out. If I were starting a restaurant, I would have been in luck! They had interesting stainless "islands" for a great price point - between $250 and $400. If I had the room I would take heed. Would be great in a kitchen, laundry room, or as an outdoor potting station.


Heavy-duty commercial sinks....


Click here to see for yourself!

I concluded the day at Fanny's Fabrics on South Lamar and thought this was quite nice -
only $7 / yard!!


No comments: