Sunday, March 22, 2009

Home Sweet Texas

Although my intention for this blog was more about design and less about my personal life, I will share the following if only for purposes of posterity. I was warned about this place before I came. I had quite a few friends from DC who spent their college years here in Austin at UT, and even one or two who grew up here. When Lee decided to attend UT, if I had a dollar every time I heard this: "Oh my gosh, you will LOOOOOOOOOOVE AUSTIN! It's THE coolest city! It's so unique, and so laid back!" - we might not even need that MBA! But, I have to say, I think my friends were quite right. With every week that passes, we love it here even more. This weekend was particularly fun. I took this photo last night - more to come below... Lee and I woke up early Saturday morning, and walked just about ten minutes down to Lake Austin. We stopped in at Mozart's Cafe, ordered huge lattes and sat outside by the lake. We decided that we felt like we were on vacation - not just on a morning walk ten minutes away from our home.

Mozart's on the lake -

Right next door to Mozart's is the Hula Hut. I did not take this photo (someone on a boat did), but it's a fun burger joint on the water.

I did take this photo. :)

As we walked back home after breakfast, I admired the sleepy dog under the swing in someone's yard. Many people were out walking their dogs, running, or biking. I swear we even got a few "Howdy!"'s!


Wisteria on Enfield Lane....

After breakfast, the sun came out and I wanted to check out UT's pool. As an Alabama graduate, I think the University of Texas might one-up us on this one. The Texas theory of "bigger is better" (hair, land, make-up, etc) rings true with their athletic facilities. I was very impressed. Check it out! After 3 hours of soaking in the sun under palm trees, we came home and got ready for the...RODEO!!!! (laugh laugh laugh). This my friends, was amazing for people watching!


It's especially fun to attend the Texas Pro Rodeo with two New Yorkers. I think we ordered 5 or 6 things "on a stick." Our friend Chris -

and his wife, my friend Abby...






I should contact the Austin Chamber of Commerce - They should pay me for all of this good press. :) If you have never visited Austin, I suggest you make plans to do so.
Signing off - it'll be 80 degrees again today.

No comments: