Tuesday, March 17, 2009

GREEN Design

Hello my name is MCBREARTY.
Do you know what that means? I'm IRISH!!! At least, I married into an Irish family - these people that I'm now related to hail from Donegal, Ireland. My husband is one of four kids - all very Irish names: Heather, Michael (Lee), Sean, and Colin. And then there's me: Meredith. :) So, I decided to post about all things Green today in honor of my new heritage. Lee of course felt the need for a Guinness (or six)...
He is also making some sort of cabbage something or other in the kitchen as we speak. And green "guac" to go along with it. (Actually, the guac has nothing to do with St. Patty's Day, but more to do with the fact that we are simply fatties and have home-made guac about 3x a week now that we live in Texas).

The McB's have a huge party in Fairhope every year with about 100 attendees and a life-size stained-glass shamrock in the front window of their house. I have yet to attend this soiree, but plan to do so sometime. I found the following GREEN items - and I do not mean "environmentally friendly" but literally: green gorgeous things on the web: The following are from PIECES in Atlanta:







This lantern from C.Bell is adorable and was a consideration for the D3 nursery.


J'adore this 4-paneled Green Gracie screen from 1st Dibs!!



"Chopsticks" bedding from Leontine Linens...

A pair of directoire-style Italian ottomans from the 1950's - at http://www.1stdibs.com/...Happy St. Patrick's Day!
-Meredith McBrearty

No comments: