Sunday, March 8, 2009

Furniture Sale in ATX

I happened to get word via email of an AMAZING furniture sale last week. A woman with obvious impeccable taste is moving out of a great house in a prestigious Austin neighborhood. My trained eye knows a deal when I see one, and you bet I was there before she even made the sale public. I went last Thursday evening and came home with 2 new things! 1 - this lacquered parson's desk from West Elm (the one she sold me was white - in perfect condition). $70 later she's in my living room!! I also purchased this hunk-a-butter ottoman for only $300!! It's 39" in diameter and is upholstered in a grey distressed velvet by Donghia. As I told my husband (when his jaw dropped upon entering the house after a mid-term): "This fabric ALONE is $300 a yard!!"

It looks great in my living room in front of our sofa. I will send pics soon...


She also sold a pair of mirrored nightstands...

I was drooling over this plaster table with a distressed mirrored top for $1200. LOVED it and it would've been great in my house. Although Lee may not always agree, I do have some financial restraint. :)

Now, if I had a place for this INSANE-ly well-kept and beautiful George Smith sofa and

$3600 to spare (this my friends is actually a great deal), I would have loved to make this mine as well.



She had six copies of vintage Frances Elkins chairs that were painted white and upholstered in the same Donghia grey velvet as my ottoman. 6 for $1200!



This adorable white lacquer cane-back chair with patent leather seat cushion was only $100! I swear you could buy the exact chair downtown at Mercury for close to $1000!!

A funky pair of mercury lamps.....


42" Saarinen dining table....




2 comments:

Bungalow Home said...

meredith, I am dying over all of these pieces. Congrats on your finds. Hope you are doing well.

Jill
Decatur

taiseer said...


India's finest decorative arts for luxury home Bar Funitures Online furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles excellence in producing and Quality standards. Bathroom Interior Designswill give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home.