Monday, June 1, 2009

Blown Away in Florida - and I don't mean a hurricane!

Lee and I spent the end of our southern trip in Seaside/Grayton, Florida. It was PERFECT, and I SO did not want to leave on Sunday! A few days before we left, I met a designer in Fairhope who told me, "You HAVE to go to Alys Beach - you'll just die." (say with slow south'an drawl). Boy was she ever right! On Friday after laying on the beach all day, Lee and I drove over to Alys and I must say that we were both so very impressed that we even went into the "Sales Center", met the 2 cute ladies that work there, and watched the 2 minute promotional video in the media room. Ha! I loved it all - the tiny courtyards, the chic pools - this development was inspired by homes in Bermuda and Guatemala - all white masonry.


The amazing pool - I spotted furniture from Janus et Cie..

The entrance to the pool and restaurant....




Hi To Lee - he looks so small against the large entrance!











I AM FLOORED. TOTAL CHICNESS. Way to go, Florida!
Rosemary Beach...
Saturday night we attended a wedding at Seaside's beautiful chapel. I thought that Lee and I were the last two people in the church until another cute couple slipped in the back beside us. I looked over and immediately recognized them. It was Erika Powell and her husband, Chance. I knew of Erika's blog through my friend Jennie-Marie (they went to Auburn together), and I read it weekly! I felt like I was meeting a local celebrity, and I'm sure I scared her when I said, "Oh! Hi Erika!!" (she had no idea.) I had so much fun chatting with her and asking many questions about how she runs her business later at the reception. She is currently doing an 8,000 square foot house in the Amazing Alys Beach - OF COURSE she is!!
Here is my husband with his 3 crazy Aub friends at the reception.
Wedding reception at the Watersound Beach Club - twas beautiful!

I apologize - something is up with my camera...blurry pics.

In other news, we have not had air conditioning ALL day. I live in Austin, Texas where the temp was 90+ today. I am so hot I don't even know what to do with myself. I've had two popsicles and nothing is helping. My husband has YET another exam to take on Saturday (the CFA) and left me for the air conditioned library to maximize concentration. If you don't hear from me again it's because I suffocated and I do hope someone will check on me. :)

2 comments:

erika said...

Meredith!
What an awesome post! What a fun recap... love the pictures! I didn't take a single one at the wedding or reception, so wishing I had! I have been reading about the triplets- what an awesome story! So glad you have this blog so I can keep up with you. I hope our paths cross again soon, so enjoyed visiting with you!!!
XO
Erika

Bungalow Home said...

Meredith, We are just back from the beach and everytime we are near I make Will drive me to Alys Beach. I was speachless the first time I laid eyes on that place. Great job on nurseries 1 & 2. Stay busy!