Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back In the Big Easy...


At least, I was last week. Lee and I went back to New Orleans where we spent two days and had a great time, per usual. This trip, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at Luke, followed by a drink at
La Phare. We did a jaunt down Bourbon at which point I decided I could go the rest of my life without walking down that street again. Friday morning we cruised down St. Charles and enjoyed a (fast!) breakfast at Camellia Grill. It cracked me up. I then dropped the bookworm off at some random coffee bar so he could study for the CFA exam (poor guy), while I did some serious shopping on Magazine...
I visited SO many lovely stores and made a few new cute friends! Ann Koerner had beautiful things....
As did Karla Katz, Anne Pratt, and Gerrie Bremmerman. GB is a designer who does lovely work, often featured in Southern Accents...

You may recognize these photos?

I also enjoyed Mac Maison........

When in Gerrie Bremmerman, I admired a few of the contemporary paintings by George Marks, Meredith Pardue, and Amanda Talley. They told me to stop in Amanda's studio right down Magazine and so I did! She was so adorable! I think we'd be friends if I resided in NOLA. Here she is in her cute little studio....

Her work is impressive - she's been featured in several magazines (Southern Accents below)..



My husband has (not so) indiscreetly let it be known that he would love to move to New
Orleans. I have to say, I think I might not mind it too much.

Ciao!

No comments: