Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Little Crazy

In case you're unaware, I am going a little bit CRAZY right now. Sometimes at night I pray that I will wake up with an extra set of arms so I can accomplish more the next day. Have I told you that I began the San Diego project at the end of April, and will do the installation July 31st??!! The house is 8,000 square feet! That is ONE project (of 3 I am working on), and by the way, I am just one person. Point being: this does not get done by being lazy or procrastinating! (Other designers reading this will absolutely relate). Lucky for me, I tend to have that work-aholic in me, so working a 14-hour day(S!!) isn't that abnormal. Thanks to friends with humor, a few things help get me through the crazy days - I thought I might share a bit of e-banter I received yesterday for my reader's enjoyment. For the record, my best friends from DC are particularly all very smart and funny, and therefore we exchange e-banter on a regular basis that typically has me doubled over in laughter.

First: just this flyer sent by Layton (DC friend who lives in Nashville) to myself and Ginger Ann. (DC friend who just moved to New York). No commentation, just this:

Then, the response from Ginge: You may not believe but I have nails now! You may not have known that I didn't before. Quit the biting when I got here. Just got 2nd mani in the city. No Bees Please is the bomb color. Check it out.

Layton: Ginge… don’t think I didn’t notice your nails – or lack there of… before. I’ll check the color… wish I got a mani today.

Ginge: a neutral. But the best one I've seen. OPI

Layton: Better than coney island cotton candy? That used to be my go-to!

Ginge: No shimmer if that's what you're in the market for.

Layton: Well, my market is typically metallic… you know I like to draw as much attention as possible to the smallest hands on an adult… well, second the “Mayor Claw”

At which point, Ginge felt the urge to send a visual.

Finally, my response: "Ya'll are killing me."


Meanwhile, I drew a sketch and sent to my client / friend Scott for his grill area in the outdoor pool cabana.....

His classic response:

Dern, Mere! That’s a good looking grill area. I might call it a GIRLLL area, but nonetheless, it will do burgers.

No comments: