Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Single in the City - Vol I

(Image from Themes Heaven)

Today I start the first of a few entries that I think you'll enjoy - the "Single in the City" series. As I have mentioned many times before in this blog, I am grateful to have some of the most beautiful, funny, stylish, and savvy girlfriends! It's so interesting to disect the home of a single gal, specifically because it speaks to them and only them, meaning it hasn't (yet) been diluted by the likes of dude. As the married ladies know, there is always the moment before you move in with the guy where you determine what remnants of his bachelor-hood are allowed to enter your new home. (Unless you're me, of course, and it all goes on Craig's List ASAP). The most interesting thing to me, and the reason I think it's fun to showcase these digs is how much they truly do reflect the girl who calls it home - in terms of personality, the way she dresses, even where she likes to shop. It's what I am calling my own little study in Psychy-science. :) Enjoy!


Meet Dougie...

Name: Dougie Simmons

City: Dallas, Texas

Occupation: Head Scheduler for Senator & Gubernatorial candidate for Texas, KBH

Describe your style: "Traditional with a twist!"

What I might find in your closet: "Lots of black, colorful cashmere sweaters, Cole Haan and Prada flats"

I am not dressed until: "I have on a funky necklace, usually large in scale!"

Favorite home shop in Dallas: "Stella Dallas- it's where I got the monogrammed pillow on my sofa."
_________________________________________________________________


If I had to describe Dougie in 3 words I would say: Crazy, outgoing, and colorful. Throughout the years I have shared more laughs with this lady than almost anyone! I think you'll find that her apartment in Dallas exudes this wildly fun personality.












Until next time....

4 comments:

erika said...

VERY FUN!!! I cant wait to see more!!!

Mary V. Baugh, Creative Director said...

dougie!!! i LOVE your place!!!!!!!!!!! i am so jealous of all the pink and green. i had to do aqua and green around here since a boy occupies the space, too :)
stella dallas is awesome - i made a trip last time i was in town. they have great interiors and their selection of letterpress paper is amazing!
love ya, mere!

MelissaTRoden said...

Dougie- you look great! Love your pad too!!

Mary V. Baugh, Creative Director said...

mere/dougie - me and my mom are marveling over d's pad and were wondering where the art is from/who is the artist(s)??