Monday, January 25, 2010

'Round Town

I have two new clients that are keeping me busy, busy! Both very different from the other, I am excited as always to extend myself and have a little fun. I am doing something I always thought would be fun but haven't yet done - a masculine, "bachelor-pad" for a single guy here in Austin. This project is going at lightning speed so I have been moving fast and shopping all around town. Thought I might share with you a few digs I've discovered in the last few weeks at some of my favorite vintage spots.

At Uptown Modern on Burnet Road, I was thrilled to find this sofa because it totally reminded me of a Domino cover that I saved because I loved the sofa. (this one not for any particular project, but because I loved it).
This one definitely needs to be recovered, but was long, fabulous, and $695. Yes, please! (even my husband liked it!)
Here's the cover...
These photos were taken in the David Sutherland showroom but totally scream my theme for the Bachelor pad - what I describe as contemporary meets Ralph Lauren-ish.

Found this little guy at Uptown Modern as well for $500. It was sold, though. :(
These lamps were at a Christ Child Thrift store for $69 each by Ralph Lauren. They are now in my home waiting to be installed in bachelor-ville. (didn't bring the shades home). The bases are leather and chrome.

Stay tuned for bach pad install photos, coming soon....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Love it! Can't wait to see the final! Dougie's place is fabulous!