Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I was recently telling a friend about the little (NOT SO) friendly surprise we found on our front door step a few months ago. What a way to start your day. I emailed the photos to my friend Alfonso who said, "oooh, is it enough to make a belt?" I honestly cannot think of ANY good these guys do other than make people faint, hyperventilate, or run for their life. Personally, I would rather faint over a fine piece of furniture made of reptile-skin, or a great pair of snake-skin BOOTS. The real thing better stay far, far away from me. End table here by Bourgeouis Boheme.
Rad crocodile lacquer chinese table from 1st Dibs.


Serpent mirror from Habite....


And here, a similar Serpent mirror installed in a friend's Birmingham home.

Gold python bag by Asha. (evidence snakes ARE good for something!)
A Hematite and turqoise bracelet by Kara Ross for Vivre. Hellooooo 30th birthday gift.
Anyone? Anyone?

A bejeweled snake ring at Sarlo on 1st Dibs.

Lizard belt by Kelly Locke.
and groovy snake-y earrings also by Kara Ross.


Thank you, reptiles for redeeming yourself. Happy Hump Day to All!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Meredeth - Erika was so kind as to direct us over to your blog for you great post on Bill Ingram and I was so excited to find a fellow Austinite! Then I read more and find out that your husband is currently attending UT for his MBA. I graduated from the program in '03. I also happen to have recently quit my MBA job to start my own design business. So, we've got a few things in common. :-) I've enjoyed catching up on your blog, your designs are gorgeous!

By the way, I live in fear of THAT showing up on my doorstep. You poor thing! I used to live up in Great Hills, and one night there was a tarantula hanging out on french doors out to the deck. I did not go out there for a week after that. Texas wildlife freaks me out!