Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year! I just returned from a 3-week vacation to Atlanta, Decatur AL, and Park City, Utah. A few photos of the absolutely beautiful, snow-covered mountains from our view atop the mountain....
Below my father-in-law Dr. McBrearty (Mookster as his boys call him), myself, Lee, Sean McB, and Colin McB. At one point Colin told Mookle that if he didn't hurry up his clothes would go out of style. YES! He was actually the easiest person to find on the mountain. I say keep 'em, circa '70 or not.


I was FA-REEZING in all of these photos. You could only have an inch of flesh exposed long enough to smile for a photo, then UP goes the turtle and on with the goggles.

I began thinking and boring Lee with questions on the lift every time: "What kind of mountain house would you like?" He loves my hypothetical games. I think I would call on one of two of my favorite architects - either Bill Ingram (Birmingham) or Bobby McAlpine (of Montgomery/Nashville). Here, a few from McAlpine's portfolio that I love....
COZY!!

House of Ingram's...

Even my nearby Lake Austin Spa seems to nail it. What are we waiting on??
If you prefer Icy-chic (which I do not - only to check it out and then leave!), then perhaps you should stay here at the Jukkasjarvi ICE hotel in Sweden.


But the images below are more hot-chocolate and card-playing friendly if you ask me.


Happy New Year from Haute Happy Style

1 comment:

erika said...

you crack me up. love your father-in-laws jacket! i hadn't looked at bill ingrams work in awhile and this morning i enjoyed it with my coffee! thank you!! hope all is well with you!?