Thursday, September 3, 2009

August

The month of August was quite a crazy one around here. I was only in Austin for a few days. It begin with the installation in California, then I flew directly to Washington where I met Lee for a beautiful wedding in Alexandria. I then returned home for just a few days until we left again for Boston and Marion, Massachussetts. After MA, I spent the week at home in Alabama and then rendezvous'd with Lee in Auburn for the weekend! Shew. I am so glad to be home for a while.
It was our first trip to Boston, and I think we were both very impressed! I was amazed at the history and the beautiful, beautiful old homes - especially those in Beacon Hill. We were only in Boston for one night, but I think we made the most of it. We had drinks here, and dinner here. I would highly recommend both spots!

On Thursday, Chris and Abby (our b-school friends) met us for lunch in Boston, and then chauffeured us out to Marion, Massachussetts - summer home of Abby's parents (they reside in Boston during the week). Beautiful!
Here, the backyard....

The Dorman's dock..

The 30th birthday girl w/ Chris and Otto. :)
A mean game of Bocci in the lawn...

Two b-school nerds.
It was an absolutely wonderful weekend with great weather, DELICIOUS lobster, wonderful ice cream and of course, lots of fun was had at the birthday dinner in Abby's honor. We met cute people (Abby's friends), mostly from New York. As I told them several times, "I hope I get a project in New England one day!!" It is absolutely picturesque. And oh! oh! oh! I need to mention that we also went somewhere (not sure where I was) to the MATOUK outlet! I thought I was in heaven. It worked out well because I shipped a few things back and noone even saw me come home with any bags!
Here, a few photos from Katherine and Darrel's beautiful wedding in Auburn, AL. (Lee was so excited to be back in his alma mater). Lee with my Grandfather, who just turned 81!

Myself with the bride.
My Mom with my sister Emily.


Glad to be back.

100 degrees in Austin today on September 3rd.

No comments: