Monday, September 28, 2009

Dunaway Cabana

Good morning! I am back to the land of the living. Just a heads up: September Issue a MUST SEE! Abby and I went to the matinee yesterday and I have the following comments: 1: Anna Wintour is really, NOT that bad. (at least in documentary she's not, maybe she hides it?) In fact, I have actually worked for 2 people much more evil and nauseating in my 8 year career. (noone at SB, by the way).

2: Andre Leon Talley is HYSTERICAL. I wish I was friends with him.

3: Grace Coddington is also quite amusing.

4: Beautiful, beautiful clothes, and couture. Go see it.

In my world of interiors today, I am off to work in a bit! The project I have been working on in Austin since January has finally come to a state of completion. My friends, Susan and Scott Dunaway purchased the lot next-door to theirs and built a pool "cabana". The cabana includes a new pool with hot-tub, a large vaulted living room with a kitchen and bathroom, a 2-car garage (big enough to house "Mama's Wagon" as Scott calls the triplet-mobile), and a large guest bedroom with bathroom. Tonight, they are hosting a party for Congressman Mike McCaul for 100 people! I realized that I have yet to post any photos of the work in progress, so below is a start. I will post interior photos soon...






Kitchen details...


Living Room fabrics..


Bedroom fabrics...

Sketch for guest bedroom canopy..


Gotta run - will be 94 in Austin today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh your drawings are amazing! I am taking a drawing class for interiors right now and you have just inspired me! thanks!