Monday, August 17, 2009

Loco Grande!

Last Friday was our very first time to hang out on a real Texas RANCH! Our friends Susan and Scott invited us to spend the weekend out in Johnson City, Texas at Susan's childhood home with...the triplets! I definitely thought several times over the course of the weekend how much those children will love going out there when they get a little bit older - it is beautiful and there are so many fun things to do outside. Here, the front porch to the little guest cottage, where Lee and I stayed..

The view from the porch - Lee was sort of saddened by the terrible drought in Texas, because apparently on a "normal" visit, one can float in a tube all around their property for about 3 hours! Ohhh well, it was still beautiful.

Ann and Ashley Dunaway - too cute for words, really.
Cute little kitchen in the guest cottage...I told Susan it reminded me of Kate Winslet's house in the movie "The Holiday"..



<
On Saturday afternoon, Lee, Scott and I took a little journey over to Fredericksburg, Texas to see what we could find for their new Poolhouse/Cabana. I am thrilled to say we did find a few things at the Homestead.
We purchased this chandelier for the Cabana living room...

and this cool vintage tobacco drying basket as well!
Here, Lee hanging out with Ashley. :)


That's all for now - I'm off to plan my trip to Boston, leaving Wednesday...

signing off - 100+ degrees in Austin again today!

No comments: