Thursday, May 14, 2009

Where the Heart Is...

If Home is where the Heart is, and the "quickest way to a man's heart is cooking him a great meal", then I guess the kitchen is really where the heart is! (And for the record that is definitely NOT how I ever got a date!) The kitchen is, indeed the heartbeat of a home. (I just hope that includes things like cereal and frozen pizzas - I never claimed to be a chef, here). It's always where everyone hangs out and makes their mom crazy when she is trying to cook. As a child, we always did our homework on the kitchen table. I have been "tweaking" my client's kitchen in San Diego - we are going to do a facelift without totally re-doing the entire thing. The cabinets are currently stained brown. It immediately reminded me of a make-over we did in DC... (Kitchen BEFORE):

Kitchen AFTER!! QUITE a remarkable transformation. In my opinion, an update to your kitchen can make all the difference.
With four beautiful, fun, and crazy children, I just didn't see them in a "brown" kitchen, but in more of a light, fun, and airy space. I found these amazing images from House Beautiful and Southern Accents......












I could move right in. Talk soon - it's nursery time again in Austin. :)

No comments: