Saturday, May 2, 2009

San Diego Trip 2

I just got back Thursday night from my second trip out to San Diego. THIS IS HOW WE DO ITTTTTTT....... View from plane. I tried not to breathe too much - didn't need the pig flu. Two people in front of me were rocking the masks. I wanted to lean up and say: I saw on the news that those guys do not help at all.
The weather was awesome, the meetings went well, and I even had some time this trip to do some exploring. Wednesday morning I checked out the Cedros Design District in Solana Beach.


It was a very cute spot just north of San Diego. Thank goodness for the Garmin - that thing was a life-saver! I zipped into many of the cute shops - I was on a mission for great antiques and accessories. The accessories will be key during August when I do the installation.
Solo was a cute spot - lots of books, sort of gifty, but cool.
One of the little shops had these great outdoor rugs from Dash and Albert. I think these are a must-have for the new loggia! I asked, "how do you clean these?" The cute girl said: "You just hose 'em down!". Right answer.




I ate lunch at this really cute spot under ivy and umbrellas. I admit, I sort of longed for my husband or a friend at that point - it was so fun and beautiful that I wanted to share it with someone. Maybe next time. :) After lunch I met a (gorgeous) Italian man that owned Bellini's antique store - an importer of Italian antiques. He was super nice and directed me to 2 other stores in Encinitas. I typed the address in the garmin and off I went! I was VERY excited to discover C'est la Vie Antiques - it will be my go-to store from now on in San Diego....


Gorgeous, gorgeous!


The trip was great and I am just loving it out there. I can't wait to go back. I have also fallen in love with my client's four children, and I have to say, I think they love me too. Well, I know this because they SAID so!! Off to the Big D for a girl's weekend and a handbag show. Leaving the b-school bookworm behind - he's got exams.

No comments: