Monday, November 17, 2008

A Handbag in the Making


THIS YEAR, SHOP MERE!

As I placed my Christmas order for handbags today, I started thinking about
how far along MERE has come! I LOVE thinking about the design of each bag, and I take it very seriously. You may find this process interesting.


First, the sketch is born - drawn by me, then sent to my people in New Jersey.

Second: the prototype arrives. Tweaked by me, then sent BACK to NJ for further development:
After a series of several additional sketches and/or phone coversations, I finally get the sample for approval (now this is my favorite part):


So this Christmas, when you are drooling over that Louis Vuitton that EVERYONE has, just remember me: little ole MERE, and all of the hard work and thought that goes into every single bag. All made in the United States of America! XOXO, M! (sorry, I watched Gossip Girl tonight)

http://www.shopmere.com/

No comments: