Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Creamware - Oh Happy Day!


Lee and I got married in July, but the wedding gifts still trickle in about once a week. I think the UPS man is probably sick of hiding things in our bushes! Tonight, after a long day I came home to find SUCH a wonderful treat. A small-ish box was waiting right by the door - to Mr. and Mrs. Lee McBrearty - from Washington, DC. There are many antique stores that I love in Georgetown, but I have always been particularly drawn to Swedish Gustavian furniture and in particular I always oooooooooohed and ahhhhhhhhhhed over the beautiful french creamware pieces like these that Marston Luce and Cote Jardin frequently had on display.



I must have admired them so much (and so very vocally, apparently!) that my former boss and friend Paul thought that I (we) should have a few pieces of our VERY own.

And AM I EVER THANKFUL THAT HE DID!! Along with the 4 beautiful plates was a gorgeous 19th century French white ironstone double-spouted sauce boat.
I hope that one day I will have quite a collection, and a beautiful cabinet to keep them in...

and when I do, please come have dinner with me!


No comments: