Friday, July 2, 2010

Smoke and Mirrors

You know what all the Texans say about their state, right? "BIGGER is Better." In some cases, particularly and stereotypically in Dallas, this unfortunately applies to hair, cars, homes, boobs, you name it. I will, however tell you that (some) Texans have it right when it comes to "big" style. I picked up the latest issue of F/D LUXE when I was at the Design Center this week, and was delighted to find these images that seems to dance across the pages. Smoky mirrors, brass, antlers, mohair, and lucite were on the brain when Samantha Reitmayer Sano was tapped by Dallas fashion collector and blogger Judy Aldridge to give her home a "more grown up" feel. I bet you'll like it as much as I did. Now this makes me proud to call Dallas home. Sano seemed to be the ever-eclectic shopper for her client, making purchases from places like Ebay, Horchow Finale, and Dallas' Again Studio.







Happy Friday and Happy 4th!

1 comment:

Laura R said...

Ditto! Judy's new place looks great. She shares some more photos on her website:

http://atlantishome.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/05/fdluxe-part-one.html

Love Judy's corgie Townsend also. He is tops.