Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Henry's Nursery

I got a call this spring from my dear friend Teale asking for "help with a nursery!" I, of course jumped for joy - not only is Teale one of my favvvvorite people who I would love to help, but what is more fun than picking out digs for a little baby? The client, in utero: Henry Taggart Smith. (Teale is in labor with my client as I write this very post). Henry's mom has great style herself, so I knew the nursery would have to hold up to the rest of their adorable house in Memphis. Here we are a few years ago doing who-knows-what with Lord-knows-who. I miss her terribly. So, I in Austin, Teale in Memphis, we began the back and forth beginnings of long-distance design. First, I requested photos of the now-emptied guest room....
I then cruised to Dallas to gather many fabrics. I did a quick sketch, gave her 3 different options with fabrics, and popped them in Fedex over to Tennessee.


Also did a CAD layout to make sure the daybed she liked, etc would all fit! We also needed to determine the best layout for the room...


We began with the selections. We ordered a matelasse coverlet from Matouk with a big 14" monogram with his initials.



Teale ordered this cute, cute mobile...





We gave her grandmother's glider a new facelift with white linen fabric and eliminated the tufted back...
We also gave new life to this cute little stool. (I think this was also her grandmother's).

Ta-Da!! The final result..
Daybed pillow fabrics are Manuel Canovas and Lulu DK.
Crib by Bratt Decor. Bedding by Serena and Lily.



I hope little Henry will approve when he comes home. :)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

i may be having a girl now but it still makes me happy to see a well-dressed boys room...you dont find many of those! love it meredith. hope all is well with you and lee in texas!

Elizabeth said...

i love it!it's gorgeous

Carrie said...

love the room! where is the actual daybed from?

Bradley said...

http://www.eurepsbuy.com/europe-richard-mille-replica-326.html
thanks for the information , Now I know about foursquare, your blog is good, I like it

marlees said...

what is the paint color used on the walls! OVE this room