Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shopping in Austin and the big 2-9!!!

I was out and about yesterday when I shimmied into a very fun store on Burnet Road in Austin. See Uptown Modern for vintage, mid-century furnishings. It was yet another gorgeous day in ATX - twas 73, sunny, no clouds. LOVE IT. Here are a few of my local findings:
I thought this pair of chairs was very fun - $495 each! The frame was white lacquer.


Anybody in the market for a pair of white patent lounge chairs?


These were very Jonathan Adler-esque...
As was this guy....

I found this little x-stool outside sort of buried like noone loved or wanted it. Forty dollars and 20 minutes later, she's in my living room with a stack of books on top. A little gold paint on the legs and a new cushion - voila! I'll be sure to send the after pics.
This was an interesting lamp - $195.
In other news, I turn 29 years old today - on Super Bowl Sunday! Portrait of moi taken by my husband on the birthday eve below. I think he is fired from photography, no?

I am looking forward to my 29th year of life - there are a few very exciting things on the horizon for me (professionally speaking) and I am feeling up to the task! I have loved our time in Austin and we've been blessed to meet really great friends here in the land of 70 and sunny-ville. This was waiting on me when I came downstairs this morning:
Nice. :)

3 comments:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

I found you, and I'm counting on you to keep me in the "know"!

Mommyhood has taken over my sense of style, and only a girl like you can save me!!!

So happy to find you, and get to know you, cousin!

Happy (late) Birthday!

Meredith McBrearty said...

Hey Megan!! How are you? I just now read this somehow. your blog is super cute!!
Love,
M.

Meredith McBrearty said...

Hey Megan!! How are you? I just now read this somehow. your blog is super cute!!
Love,
M.