Monday, December 22, 2008

Cajun Christmas

Lee and I spent the weekend before Christmas in New Orleans. What a GORGEOUS city - it's been about five years since my last trip down to the Big Easy. My Dad informed me before our trip that New Orleans was written up recently as one of the "top cities to visit over the Holidays" - I can sure see why!A house in the quarter...
This apartment in the quarter (below) has my name written all over it! The color scheme, the windows, and The ORANGE TREES! Too good for words!









I did lots of antiquing, but will spare you with photos of my finds - more to come on that at a later date. And, one of the best parts of the whole weekend - breakfast at Cafe Beignet! The best coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, and cute little cats prancing around our table. Too much!


Last but not least, my happy travel companion...

We also had an incredible dinner at Herbsaint (thanks to a recommendation from Sam and Marjory), had a drink in the very festive (and dressy!) Windsor Court Hotel, and then met friends on a little terrace in the Garden District. I can tell you this: I will not wait five years again until my next trip to NOLA.

No comments: