Sunday, November 8, 2009

BKK or BUST

Welcome to Thailand!
That's right. My husband and I just booked a 14-day trip to Thailand, with a layover in Tokyo for March. I must say, being self-employed while your husband is in business school is the way to GO. (meaning his spring break equals MY spring break!) I have been slow on the blog posts in the past few weeks, and honestly it is because I just took a little sabbatical from design. It's been about a nine day streak of 80-degree BE-AUT-IFUL days in Austin, and so I have done things like go to the pool, exercise, register my car, take car to and from the shop, AND work on a few projects here at home. (Remember my stool from THIS post, well...pics coming soon!! - we'll just say I could be a professional "gold-leafer"). Back to Thailand - which I am EXTREMELY excited about. This cute gal pictured below will actually be our hostess for our time in Bangkok. Meet May Sanguannuan, Lee's (and now my) friend from BKK, whom he met when he traveled there while working for USAID a few years ago. (May is also a USAID employee).
I am thrilled to go to Thailand for many reasons, and have begun my due diligence of blog readings to establish what we must do.
There are elephants to ride in Chiang Mai, the northern region, which according to May will be very "HOT" in March - we may skip this excursion and only do the beach and the city, per May's suggestion....

There is the infamous floating market in Bangkok....
Beautiful colors, and of course, hour-long massages for only $12! I have read from several people that their only regret was not getting a massage every single day they were there.
Beautiful sunsets and Asian architecture....

We plan to spend at least four days at the beaches of Phuket and/or Phi Phi Le. (I am thinking Bridget Jones' diary - remember??)
Open to any and all suggestions if you've traveled this way before!

No comments: